Below is a list of future projects we believe will help Living River grow.
Please reach out to our Executive Director, Jenny Thagard, with any questions or connections.
- A second adult lodge next to the Shades Valley Lodge to double our adult retreat or small group capacity! The Shades Valley Lodge has 8 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a kitchen, and two gathering spaces. We hope the second house will have a similar capacity. This sort of lodge is great for groups who are small, want greater comfort, or need more privacy.
- Paving the road to Living River's office and all the way to the lake. Wouldn't that be wonderful!
- Water and election lines run to the recreation field, Williams Landing, and the lake.
- Composting toilets on the recreation field and at the lake.
- A shed to cover our canoe trailer and lake supplies.
- Improvement of the disc golf course.
- A new, commercial coffee maker. Our previous second-hand coffee maker lasted for 10 years!
- A few tools including a telescoping pole chainsaw and a new, commercial push mower.
- A utility trailer to haul equipment for repair.
All of Living River's facilities are now 10 years old! The following work will begin on each building on a rotating, annual schedule:
- Painting their exterior
- Replacing or repairing their HV/AC systems
- Replacing and staining their deck and porch boards as needed
Potential Eagle Scout Projects:
- Pavilions at Cahaba River shoal sites
- Trail map and educational trail signage
- Improvements to primitive camping area